Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: pilates journal

  1. #11
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    in the original post you stated that it was a 3 dvd set.

    3 DVD's could fit about a gazillion hours of pilate-ing. so are there various routines available to do?

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    dear god! are you like... totally interested in
    pilates, harmon? i'll ask my sister... i'll see
    if you can have hers

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    i would seriously try it

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how visual

  5. #15
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by TastinGood:
    in the original post you stated that it was a 3 dvd set.

    3 DVD's could fit about a gazillion hours of pilate-ing. so are there various routines available to do?
    <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The first DVD is an intro to the the steps...you learn how to do them correctly.

    The second is a quick 20 minute work out and the third is the 57 minute one.

    No, not various routines...I only do the long one. Actually, the first day I did the long one and the 20 minute one to see if there was a huge difference...there's not...one just has more stuff...

    If you want to borrow it sometime, I'd be happy to loan it to you for a day or so...it helps with flexibility...and you get to watch another guy for better example on screen! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    2/5/03--haven't done pilates in a week, so it's basically like I'm starting all over...I really think my sense balance is improving, but still, no real loss of weight (it won't happen if I can't keep a regular work out schedule)...I think it does tone up the stomach pretty quick though.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Trampis's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2001
    Posts
    462
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by italipino:
    the arms get no workout using pilates. It's mostly butt, thighs and abs.
    <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isnt this why its so popular with women and not men?

    Ive been trying to do a lot more stretching latly and bicycle situps also.I think its firming up my abs,I seem to be standing more erect and not slouching as much.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think so. If you're looking to do those things you should really consider pilates...it's great for all of that.

    *holds up dvd cover, tilts head and smiles*

  9. #19
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by italipino:
    *holds up dvd cover, tilts head and smiles*
    <font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO!!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    2/16/04--did my hour long video last night. I've decided I need a more consistant schedule or I won't see results I would like to...so, I'm going to attempt to wake up early every other morning and do my 20 min. video. If not in the morning, I'll do it at night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •